I have been involved in an accident, now what?

The Cleveland Personal Injury Attorneys at The Law Offices of Steven M. Weiss discuss what to do if you're involved in an accident:

  1. Obtain the other driver’s name, address, phone number, insurance company, license plate number and driver’s license number.
  2. Obtain the name, address and phone number of any individuals who witnessed the accident.
  3. Contact the police.  If the police are unwilling to come to the scene of the accident, you must go to the police station and file an accident report.
  4. Contact your own insurance company.
  5. Obtain photos of the damage to your vehicle, if possible.
  6. Obtain any necessary medical treatment and make sure that all of your injuries are documented as soon as possible.
  7. It is important that you do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company.  If contacted, kindly advise the insurance company that you are being represented by an attorney.  
  8. Contact the Law Offices of Steven M. Weiss to set up an appointment with a Cleveland personal injury attorney, at your convenience, so we can advise you of your rights and how best to pursue a claim.

Contact a Cleveland Personal Injury Attorney

If you have been injured in a car accident, please contact us at (216) 348-1800 or fill out our contact form to receive a free case evaluation with one our of Cleveland personal injury attorneys