The Cleveland Personal Injury Attorneys at The Law Offices of Steven M. Weiss discuss what to do if you're involved in an accident:
- Obtain the other driver’s name, address, phone number, insurance company, license plate number and driver’s license number.
- Obtain the name, address and phone number of any individuals who witnessed the accident.
- Contact the police. If the police are unwilling to come to the scene of the accident, you must go to the police station and file an accident report.
- Contact your own insurance company.
- Obtain photos of the damage to your vehicle, if possible.
- Obtain any necessary medical treatment and make sure that all of your injuries are documented as soon as possible.
- It is important that you do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company. If contacted, kindly advise the insurance company that you are being represented by an attorney.
- Contact the Law Offices of Steven M. Weiss to set up an appointment with a Cleveland personal injury attorney, at your convenience, so we can advise you of your rights and how best to pursue a claim.
Contact a Cleveland Personal Injury Attorney
In an accident or personal injury matter, our fee is contingent upon the settlement or verdict we obtain for you. This means, that if our Cleveland personal injury attorneys cannot obtain compensation for your injuries, you will not be responsible for any legal fees whatsoever. If we obtain a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf, then our firm will receive a percentage of the settlement. This will be explained in detail at our initial meeting. Contact our Cleveland, OH personal injury attorneys today to schedule a free consultation.
When are you available for appointments?
We are available to meet with you, by appointment, 7 days a week. We are available during the day or evening to accommodate your schedule. Please contact us to schedule an appointment at a convenient date and time.
Our office is conveniently located on Public Square in downtown Cleveland. There are several surface lots surrounding our building, as well as metered parking available. We will reimburse you for any parking fees you may incur.
Do you have in-home appointments?
Yes. We recognize that many of our clients have limited transportation or obligations that make it difficult for them to travel to our downtown office. For those clients, we will be happy to meet with you at your home or another convenient location. If you have been hospitalized as a result of your injuries, we will be happy to meet with you at the hospital or rehabilitation facility.
What should I expect at our first appointment?
First, be prepared to provide us with as much information as you can about the location of the accident, the identity of the other driver, the identity of any witnesses, your insurance information, and the other driver’s insurance information.
It is also important that you bring with you a list of any health care providers (EMS, Emergency Department, Primary Care Physician, Specialists) from whom you have received treatment. It is also important that you bring with you any documents you have received from your health care providers or your insurance company, as well as any receipts for co-pays or prescriptions.
You will meet with one of our attorneys who will explain to you the step-by-step process of presenting a claim, and what to expect during the claims process. If your vehicle had property damage as a result of the accident, we will assist you in setting up an appointment with an adjuster to have the damage assessed and repaired. We will also address any insurance coverage issues.
Most importantly, we want to make sure that all of your questions are answered, and you feel confident in having selected the Law Offices of Steven M. Weiss.
At the initial interview, our Cleveland personal injury lawyers cannot assess the value of your claim. The value of a claim is impacted by a number of factors such as:
- the extent of your injuries;
- the amount and length of medical care you receive;
- whether your injuries are permanent;
- whether you have lost wages and whether you will continue to lose wages in the future;
- the extent of any pain and suffering you have experienced; and
- whether your injuries have prevented you from performing activities of daily living or from participating in pleasurable activities such as hobbies, sports, etc.
After you have completed all of your treatment, we can best assess the value of your claim, and advise you on the best course of action. Contact our Cleveland, OH personal injury attorneys today to schedule a free consultation.